If you have been reading this blog, you may have gotten the idea that the Soy-free Kitchen is run by a gourmande--and you would be right. If you need proof, keep reading.
This list comes from Cakespy.com, which is not a cooking site, but an eating site--they review bakeries--although there are some recipes on it. The photography is wonderful and quirky. In any case, the list seems to have become a meme on several other sites, so here goes:
1) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2) Bold all of the sweets you've eaten--or make them a different type color.
3) Cross out any of them that you'd never ever eat.
[because I can't figure out how to cross out, I'm going to bracket]
4) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your "To Do" List.
5) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results--or just post a comment letting us know how many you've tried, or what you're going to try next!
*6) My addition--I've asterisked the ones I've made myself
1. Red Velvet Cake
-- update as of 26 Dec
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie
-- update as of August 2011--#2 daughter has taken to making these like a fiend
4. *Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
7. Black and white cookie
8. *Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies)
11. *Just-fried (still hot) doughnut
12. Scone with clotted cream
-- *have made the scones. had them with cream in London
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy
-- I'm from New England, so I've probably had at least one of these, but can't remember
--Joyva brand in the supermarket has soy, others don't
16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers
-- only soy-free if you make your own vanilla wafers
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca "pearls")
18. Dixie Cup -- careful! some of these have lecithin
19.*Rice Krispie treats
-- these are soy-free if you make them with butter
23. Girl Scout cookies
-- alas! they have soy
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple
26. Baked Alaska
27. *Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. *Nanaimo bar
--update as of 6 Dec 08
29. Baba au rhum
30. *King Cake
33. *Tres Leches Cake
-- the recipe from 1000 Mexican Recipes is to die for!
35. *Shoofly Pie
36. *Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime)
37. Panna Cotta
38. *New York Cheesecake
39. Napoleon / mille-fueille
40. *Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake
41. *Anzac biscuits
46. Moon Pie -- have soy
47. Dutch baby
48. *Boston Cream Pie
49. *Homemade chocolate chip cookies
-- see entry on Cookies for College Students
51. Gooey butter cake
54. Green tea cake or cookies
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. *Crème brûlée
57. [Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake) ]
-- soy, soy, soy. Fried in soy oil.
58. *Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
-- #2 daughter's favorite cake
59. Jelly Roll
-- I've made Buche de Noel; does this count?
60. Pop Tarts
-- contain soy oil
61. Charlotte Russe
62. An "upside down" dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)
-- am I the only person in the world who doesn't like Tarte Tatin?
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. *Jell-O from a mold
65. *Black forest cake
-- one of these days I'll post my prize-winning recipe for this cake.
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
-- Ritz Crackers are made with soy oil
68. *Linzer torte
71. *Angel Food Cake
72. *Mincemeat pie
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
-- these are supposed to be made with lard, but often it's (soy-based) shortening
76. Pain au chocolat
77. *A piece of Gingerbread House
80. Rainbow cookies
82. Petits fours
83. Chocolate Souffle
84. *Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. [Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)]
-- soy, soy, soy
91. Coke or Cola cake
92. Gateau Basque
93. *S'mores -
-- you have to look around for soy-free grahams and chocolate, but it can be done.
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert
96. *Joe Froggers
-- update as of 2 Nov 08
98. Millionaire's Shortbread
99. Animal crackers
-- the regular ones have soy oil, but you can find them without.
--Have eaten:     64(update as of August 2011)
--Have made:   37 (update as of 6 Dec 08)
--Would never try: 2